Project funded by
Project: Therapeutic Antibody Service Technologies
Description of the project.
The TASTE project aims to develop technological services based on therapeutic antibodies. The target customers of these services are mainly medium and small pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies and highly innovative academic groups. The technologies offered are: a library with high complexity of human antibodies expressed on phage to be used for the identification and production of new therapeutic antibodies (already existing technology, subject of a patent application, to be perfected within TASTE), a technology to develop bispecific antibodies (technology already validated but to be developed completely within TASTE) and a conjugation technology of antibodies to cytotoxic agents (original technology, already the subject of a patent application by Exiris, to be perfected during the TASTE project) .
The objectives of the TASTE project were the following:
- Set up of standardized protocols for using the phage display antibody library in order to implement the identification and production of therapeutic antibodies
- Set up of a technology for the generation of bispecific antibodies
- Set up of protocols for the generation and production of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Improvement of laboratory space dedicated to the above mentioned activities
- Development of a marketing strategy for the commercialization of the above mentioned products
- Consolidation of the patents related to the above mentioned technologies to improve the IP asset
Thanks to the above described grant from Lazio Innova, Exiris succeeded in setting up standardized protocols aimed at commercializing its phage display library for the identification and production of therapeutic antibodies and for the generation of bispecific antibodies. Moreover, protocols for the generation of armed antibodies (ADCs) were implemented.
Exiris expanded its laboratories and developed a marketing strategy for the commercialization of the above mentioned technologies.
The total investment for this project was 538.227,00 €, of which Lazio Innova granted 376.759,00€.
The grant details were published on the public notice “Avviso Pubblico LIFE 2020″ Det. n. G08726 del 29/07/2016 – POR FESR LAZIO 2014 – 2020 – Progetti integrati – Codice progetto A0112E0121 – COR 77542, codice CUP F81B18000200007.
Part of the project was further funded by Exiris’ own resources.
- EU Funding official pages
- Avviso Pubblico – Determinazione – numero G08726 del 29/07/2016
POR FESR LAZIO 2014-2020. Progetto T0002E0001. Riposizionamento competitivo. Approvazione Avviso Pubblico “LIFE 2020”. Impegno di spesa sui capitoli del bilancio regionale A42155, A42156, A42157, A42161, A42162 e A42163 – Esercizio Finanziario 2016.